Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little N.A.'s (My Son's) Losi MRC comp rig

Re: Little N.A.'s (My Son's) Losi MRC comp rig

I had some time today so I thought it would perfect to try out some of the suggestions given to me for this 1.9. We have a comp tomorrow and I was really hoping to use the 1.9 cougars and get the suspension dialed in with them. I lowered the shocks down to the lower link mounts.

In the rear I moved the shocks outside the chassis. I ground the lower balls to make them narrower to mount them closer to the link. I also had to clearance (grind) the aluminum lock out.

In the front I cut a brass bushing and removed both the lower balls. I then bolted the shock and lower link together in the lower mount. I also layed the front shock down a little.

While I was working on it today I installed a Novak Mongoose system I bought from Locked Up. I am not a Novak fan and I generally only run Castle Creation unless it's brushed. I have to admit though, Novak hit a home run with this system. The mongoose system on 2S is perfect. Plenty of wheel speed, good drag brake and very smooth. I am very impressed. I wish the lipo cut off was better though. One of my 2S batteries got down to 5.5V today.

I also installed the Hot Racing hard anodized aluminum complete gear set in the transmission. Anyways... on to the pictures:

With a better body that could be slammed down, this could almost drive upside down :lol:

Front shocks, 2mm spaced out at top now and lowers mounted in the lower link location.

Rear mounted outside the chassis with a 1mm spacer and lowers mounted outside the lower link mount.

rear lower link set up:

Front lower link set up

overall:

With tires off to show how much lower it made the COG
    Give 20 people the same chassis & axles, and they'll build a crawler 20 different ways.

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

So... with all that work... I was not impressed. The cougars only did marginally better. As you can tell, after three battery packs the day ended with a broken lower link rod end that you can see in the pictures. It seemed no more stable than the previous set up. I guess I was pretty close when I first set it up :lol:.

So with that experimentation behind me, I had to get it ready for tomorrows local comp. Here is what it looks like now:

The lipo will now sit on the back axle. I made a plastic tray to mount the mongoose ESC on and mounted the received to the top of the transmission:

I glued some 1/4 ounce weight to the underside of the front link plate:

The cobras work very well. We will be running these tires tomorrow.

Even with the higher COG and electronics mounted up high, it is very stable and will stand on either side without an issue.
    Give 20 people the same chassis & axles, and they'll build a crawler 20 different ways.

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

Looks good. I think you are gonna like the shorter tires. Good luck tomorrow.
    2008 TXRCRCA 2.2 Winner Class State Champion
    2009 TXRCRCA 1.9 Winner Class 1st Loser
    2010 TXRCRCA 1.9 Winner Class State Champion