Thread: Supers

Supers

So i'm thinking and looking and shopping. I really like supers and scalers and already have a 2.2. After the big move into my new house next week the finance department at my house (married guys know, dont give me any crap) has alotted me money finally to build a new rig. Realistically a scaler is the more viable option for a local comp from what I can tell, but what are the odds of enough supers being around? I really want both, but don't want to build something else i'm not going to drive(has a e-revo that is just stupid fast that never gets driven).

This is where I stand.

Thought's much appreciated!

Ricky

Re: Supers

I know I will be in the minority on this in our state, but I would encourage you to build one. With more interest slowly (all be it vveerryy slowly) building, it might become a small and viable class. More manufactures are making super axles, tires, foams, etc. You have to decide if it's something you want first. If you don't think you will enjoy it, then what is the point?
    Give 20 people the same chassis & axles, and they'll build a crawler 20 different ways.

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

Oh I know I'll enjoy the build and driving it around for a week or so, that much is not in question. It's the longevity of the interest and the potential for comp. The more I read, the more I lean to a hardbody scale build though, there seems to be a lot of interest in that wing of crawling right now and I do love the build part of this hobby.

I think if your wanting to choose a direction which will have lots of participation from others, it would be hard to pass on a scaler. They really seem to be building steam right now, especially since the introduction of the SCX10. I, for one, don't miss my 2.2 or 1.9 competition rigs at all. I'm into scalers now and can't remember ever being this excited about R/C. :mrgreen:

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

I think my underlying problem at this point is my frustration with my 2.2 comp rig and I want something else to get my mind off it lol. Either way, its a reason to build another crawler. I really like the thought of a stick radio with 2 esc's and rear steer. Seems like it would be a blast to learn to crawl that way, love a challenge.

Just got into rc rock crawlin, I got 3 crawlers now, a cheap rockslide rs 10 first one, wanted to see if I would even like it,(rc rock crawlin that is) I didn't like it at all, I FREAKIN LOVE LOVE IT. So I went to e-bay and eventually found someone sellin a Stick crawler and I won the auction so I got my 1st stick, and a dx6 stick style controller. Then I saw another stick for sell on e-bay and yes I won it to, and this one Is a former comp crawler. Long story short now that I have 2 stick crawlers I only need 1 so I am wanting to sell the first stick that I bought with a lipo batt. (no charger), extra parts and 2 extra sets of tires, It has 4ws and is of course 4wd, also comes with a 3 channel radio, the guy that had it before me had put a monkey sound effect on it and it is programmed to a servo, a I am wanting to sell it all with extra parts as well , It will run right out of the box and climb over any thing you throw at it, the dx6 radio goes with it to but you will need a receiver for the radio to be used on the crawler those go for about $40 or $50 at hobby shops. I would like to sell it all for $350.00, that is less than what I paid for the crawler and radio combined on e-bay, but If you want to make me an offer then go ahead, but please don't make a stupid offer as I will ignore it and not respond to it. Please let me know what you think.

I'm intentionally going up to super with mine instead of back down to 2.2 cause I'm trying to get a decent club started up here and that way I have a rig that I can use to test comp courses to make sure there is a super class course if the interest is there.....