Thread: Team Y-Town Superjuice!

Team Y-Town Superjuice!

Now, this one will probably take a little longer than my 2.2. Our clubs next comp is Jan. 31st so I have a little while to get it built up. Here are the specs that I know for sure so far.

Superjuice chassis
    3/8" delrin lowers
    Super 300's
    Either dual front 7955TG servo's or one 7950 (front axle)
    Single JR 8711 (rear axle)
    dual FXR's
    Holmes 45t P94 Handwounds
    Nomadio React TX and RX
    HPI wheels
    Custom Rovers
    Custom Nova Foams
    VP high steer berg offset knuckles (front)
    Stock berg knuckles (rear)

Okay, so here is my front axle with upper link mounts/servo mounts.

The big trays on the tubes or for mounting lead weights. I am going to mount the weights onto these plates and keep the weights off of the wheels.

However, I have another idea. This would be to create a behind the axle tube servo mount, and only run one servo, behind the non motor side tube. Pros - low COG; Cons - only can run one servo. I have some a 7950 servo coming and I think at 7.4 volts it may be enough for this light super. This is the direction that I am now leaning.

Here is the rear axle. I made a single mount similar to the front, but then afterwards the behind the tube (86jeep inspired) idea popped up. Only I'm afraid it may kiss the rocks a bit too often on the rear axle.

Wheel and tire.

Sick custom Nova foams!

And last but certainly not least....the superjuice!

Let me know what yall think about the servo ideas. :thumbsup:

Re: Team Y-Town Superjuice!

Nice....that is gonna be one sweet super.

I think you can get away with a single servo...I know i am only gonna be running one...and the single JRhv throws my big fat clod based super around pretty good.

I also may have to think about running servoBTA, my rear axle has clocking cut into it so i can run the rear flipped if i want...which would provide the protection needed for dropping the servo down. Maybe the thing to do is cut a plate that goes the entire width of the axle with ears going back for servoBTA.....that way their is more than enough room to mount everything (servo,batt,esc,ect.) Hmmmmm.......

In other related news, El Capiton was able to fix my butchered super rover and glue up the other 3. Here is a pic of it.

Okay finally progress!

Got my axles clocked, servo mounts done, link mounts done (for now), and CVD's installed. Now I am just waiting on material to make my tie rods.

I copied 86Jeep style steering, just on the other tube so that their aren't any motor clearance issues. I also installed some Crawler Innovations servo guards in case any stray rocks want to take out a servo. These guards are nice because they incorporate a clamp, so it kills two birds.

I clocked the front axle 20* and the rear 30*

And here is the sickness, the Superjuice V2. Now this is a super chassis!

Oh ya, and I got a set of Y-Locks. I can't say enough about the quality of these wheels. They are right up there with VP and others. Simply perfect!

they do look bad a$$ :thumbsup:

Thanks Carlos. I finished my 86Jeep style steering and my rig is at Rippers house waiting on some links. Should be able to have it finished and rolling within a week or so. Comping it this month for sure. :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by 4xFord
    Comping it this month for sure. :evil:
    Good. I don't plan to win by default... :evil: :lol2: