Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is the 1.9 class gonna survive?

Re: is the 1.9 class gonna survive?

The large comps have switched to a 2.2 bias cause that is where the big sponsorship money is. Farmington doesnt have 1.9 or super cause its a qualifier for the AWCC which is a 2.2 only comp basically.

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rock hard
    I was just thinking I should go down to some of your comps.
    anything you guys have up north like the belton area or goergetown even I would consider.
    it would be good to have a large 1.9 comp.
    We just had our last Belton comp of the season.
    Next comp is scheduled for Austin though which isn't a crap ton farther.
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
    LockedUpRC.com

yea we had one scheduled but canceled cuz of weather.
    I thought about going down. but it was cold.
    and its not just me,my wife and son comp.and I didnt want to make them hang in the cold all day.

but I would like to hit a comp with you guy's
    I saw you got one in kervill, thats like on the other side of the globe from me.

what the closest spot you got left on schedule?

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rock hard
    yea we had one scheduled but canceled cuz of weather.
    I thought about going down. but it was cold.
    and its not just me,my wife and son comp.and I didnt want to make them hang in the cold all day.

but I would like to hit a comp with you guy's
    I saw you got one in kervill, thats like on the other side of the globe from me.

what the closest spot you got left on schedule?
    Austin next month. :thumbsup:
    LOCKED UP RC
    LockedUpRC.com

Bring the little buggar to meets. It may be a 1.9, but it's still a crawler, none the less
    Remodeling your boss's office ?? Solution: Bring a crawler to work......

Hey gang, This is an old thread, but perhaps this post fits here more so than creating a new one. So here goes. When I first migrated to this site with an interest in r/c crawling, my interest lay in scalers. But now, the more I research and read, I am leaning toward the comp side of the hobby. 2.2 intimidates me. 1.9 seems more entry-level friendly, if that makes sense?

I am looking at the Losi 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler (aka MRC) as a possible. Thoughts? Full bodies are nice, but I'm more an open wheel kind of guy. RTR is what I prefer to start with - even with its possible performance drawbacks. Ergo, the MRC.

Activity here within the 1.9 sub-forum appears minimal. But, when I go to the Texas site on RCCrawler, I see results posted as late as the 2102/2013 season with 1.9 activity, so the class seems supported locally with events. Just not so much on-line here.

More than likely, I'll hold off any final decision on a purchase and class entry until I've watched an event or two. But, for now, any input you might have on 1.9 crawlers and selection as a comp class will be helpful. My crawling goals are limited to locally with GCRCRC and the odd TXRCRCA regional comp. No national ambitions. It's all new to me. // lc //

Hey, I have a comp MRC, and I am actually making a torsion style chassis now for it. It is really fun, but it does have a lot of draw backs. The MRC doesn't have a lot of parts available out there... I am also working on getting a set of berg/bully moa axles to make a 2.2 comp rig.

I love my scaler, and it amazingly fun, but since I have been working on making my MRC. I really want a moa comp and shafty comp crawler. that way I am not limited to what, when, or where I can crawl...

Let me know if you want to work on making a MRC comp rig. I have a few things I would trade/sale. A CF pro chassis, seeing I am working on a custom torsion chassis...

We can try to start a MRC build page, discussion page. But, they're not dead

The central area doesn't have any comp (USRCCA) rigs, or least we don't have comp rig compititions, we have all migrated to scalers (SORRCA). The Gulf Coast group is probably the most active for comp style rigs right now. I will say though, I loved my MRC. Cheap to upgrade, and could go anywhere:thumbsup:

Team Manager

Quote Originally Posted by spcgriffin88 View Post
    Hey, I have a comp MRC, and I am actually making a torsion style chassis now for it. It is really fun, but it does have a lot of draw backs. The MRC doesn't have a lot of parts available out there... I am also working on getting a set of berg/bully moa axles to make a 2.2 comp rig.

I love my scaler, and it amazingly fun, but since I have been working on making my MRC. I really want a moa comp and shafty comp crawler. that way I am not limited to what, when, or where I can crawl...

Let me know if you want to work on making a MRC comp rig. I have a few things I would trade/sale. A CF pro chassis, seeing I am working on a custom torsion chassis...

We can try to start a MRC build page, discussion page. But, they're not dead
    spcgriffin88: Thanks for the come-back. Yeah, still hanging fire on deciding what to crawl with. BUT, the 1.9 with a MRC is looking more favorable for my budget, experience level and talent. CF Pro chassis as a trade? That might be a start point. Is it a roller?; or at least a complete chassis/driveline? That's what I'd need as I'm completely at a loss as to how to build one from scratch like you. I'll PM you, see what you're interested in trading for.

// lc //
    Last edited by low crawl; 08-18-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsteve View Post
    The central area doesn't have any comp (USRCCA) rigs, or least we don't have comp rig compititions, we have all migrated to scalers (SORRCA). The Gulf Coast group is probably the most active for comp style rigs right now. I will say though, I loved my MRC. Cheap to upgrade, and could go anywhere:thumbsup:
    Good copy, sgtsteve. And some great looking SORRCA scalers central area has, too!

Is it possible for once I am in the right place to build for an active class (1.9 + Gulf Coast)? How weird and wonderful is that?

:cheers: // lc //