Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is the 1.9 class gonna survive?

the carbon fiber chassis, its just the narrow or wide style chassis. if i sell/trade it, it will be the chassis plates, and the adjustable shock mounts. i dont have any spare axles... i do want to get some. but, after i move to the FT Hood area, i will be ordering spare parts. just to use for cutom builds or if i break something.

that move is coming up in about 3 weeks. so sometime around next month or so, i will be getting parts in little by little.

after i get up to my new place to live, i want to set up a nice work bench to start making things. right now i am using a dremel tool (free hand/no stand acc) and a cordless drill. i just made a test/mach chassis out of some thin steel plate i had laying around for my MRC, and it made a huge difference in the way it handled. but, i just picked up soms .090" AL plate to make a real torsion style chassis with (just got the main plates cut, and have to smooth them up and make sure that theyre square, and drill the mount holes tonight). i also ordered some DELRIN .125" plate, to make the chassis for a 2.2 MOA chassis and to make a spare 1.9 shafty chassis. the Delrin should be here by monday, and if i win the bid on the Berg V2 2.2 axles within the next hour, i plan to have that joker built and as a rolling chassis within the next 2-3 weeks.

PM me, so we can make contact, and i will send you pics of the parts i have, or if you need something, i may be able to make/find it for you.

Hey fellow crawlers, Made my weekly trek to the lhs today. What to my surprise they had a MRC on consignment. asking $350. +$110 over what a NIB costs; but with a boatload of mods. Near as I could tell, Ti TVP and control arms. Should've taken a cell image and asked what you all thought. Thinking I'll go back and offer something lower. But at the very least I got to hold a MRC in my hands and look it over one-on-one. I'm at 99% in saying that I'll acquire one for 1.9 crawling.

// lc //
    Last edited by low crawl; 08-04-2013 at 03:57 PM.

maybe you could try to talk them down to atleast $300. but i would start at $250, and work up from there... also, what size/type of servo, wotor/ESC, does it have the metal lockers or the plastic diffs? just some of the more important things that will be needed, or they will break easily in a minor bind. been there done that.lol

if it has the 4 link upgrade, good motor/ESC, servo (i use a 1/10 on mine), then i would be worth $300... like i said, this little beast is fun, but you have to do some upgrades to make it more bomb proof.lol