Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Racer

Rock Racer

Wll i changed my mind on thw whole scaler thing. ive decided a rock racer/ rock buggy was right for me.something fun and entertaining without having to worry about all the comp measurmemnts just whatever looks good. i do want to pu some scale things on this to give it that scale touch, maybe a racing seat inside or something.

:heres my start

Re: Rock Racer

got some more work done on the racer :mrgreen:
    and thanks to patrick i got to come home yesterday with a bag full of goodies.

i got the kinks in my link setup worked out hopefully but i can only tell for sure when i get it running.
    i got the electronics plates mounted and velcro on them, moved my servo mount over to the side wich makes it stronger, as my old mount was flexing. i also got my new beadlocks mounted the beadlocks are definatly very nice hex's are tight but i like that i like the look of the rings but there kind of heavy. myabe o can make some aluminum ones. but these may work as well only time will tell.
    lastly i mounted the new shocks. (no more rubber band shocks :lol2: )i cant say enough good things about the shocks. by far the smoothest shocks ive ever felt. plus they look cool.

here's some pics and poser's, should have more updats this week when i get my transmission. and the motor i bought off of ebay.

worked on the racer a little bit today, i seemed to have gotten my foam and wheel weight setup to where i want it but i wont really be able to tell until i get it running. also installed my trans, motor, and driveshafts.also beefed up the steering a tad bit.

quick update before i go to bed, i threw some springs on, although its still about 60-65% droop, that little bit of sprung-ness should help it absorb jumps and such better.

looks like its coming together nicely.

This should be here tommarrow!! :D

got my chassis in today. here's a quick picture i got. i was having a great time breaking it in right up until my transmitter battery died :(

I like the new chassis.

where are the side plates from?

there from The Crawler Store. its called the boulder chassis. i really like it so far.