Thread: ~TSS~ 2.2 Clod Cane

Thumbs up ~TSS~ 2.2 Clod Cane

well decided to get out of super for a bit, and jump to 2.2 this year.

while awaiting the new axial i decided to build a clod to play with. started collecting parts, and ive got most everything in now.

axles: clods from my super

wheels: custom (germany)

tires: rocx (for now, sedonas later for more height)

chassis: pimp cane with flipped rear

servo: HS 645 (well see if thats enough

motors: 55T

esc: BR-XL

body: Proline crowd pleaser

2008 TXRCRCA Super Class State Champ
    2009 Runner Up
    and scaler freak :D

Cory, why not berg axles ? Or even bully axles ?

Ask Greg, about running 2.2 clod axles.

Also just few things..

I would get the sedonas now and set of white dot rovers. I wouldn't even brother with rocx

Your going to need some more then 645.. aleast 300oz!!!

I know you have lipos... use them!

what going to use for dig ?

I also look into a bec.

Look into faster, better motors. Wheelspeed is your friend. I bet your going to find 55t's too slow.

If you dead set on them, aleast get them rebuilt, new brushes and harder springs. Replacing the brushes and springs will help with dig.

One more suggestion... Get a chassis. You will find that pimp cane style will wear out and become unpredictable. I think in the long run you will like having a convectional style much better!

Quote Originally Posted by eric113 View Post

Also just few things..

I would get the sedonas now and set of white dot rovers. I wouldn't even brother with rocx

I also look into a bec.

Look into faster, better motors. Wheelspeed is your friend. I bet your going to find 55t's too slow.

If you dead set on them, aleast get them rebuilt, new brushes and harder springs. Replacing the brushes and springs will help with dig.

One more suggestion... Get a chassis. You will find that pimp cane style will wear out and become unpredictable. I think in the long run you will like having a convectional style much better!
    E is on point here!!

damn just listen to that man preach!!

can i have an amen!!!!!

If your dead set on using the clods the pimp cane is a great chassis to use....just be ready cause it will take about 5-10 packs worth for it to break in correctly.
    You are gonna need a bigger servo and I would go ahead and order some rovers or sedonas.
    OH and since you already use stick contollers for your airplains go dual esc and stick radio.....youll thank me later when you turn it back into a pimp cane super. :)

Quote Originally Posted by eric113 View Post

Also just few things..

I also look into a bec.

i was just going to go with berg when the XR10 was release im just building this to keep me busy until my order comes in.
    yeah i really need to sedonas. to clear the clod axle cases. what i really need is a NOVA tire thats 6" tall.
    thanks for the tip on the servo. i know yall used them in the TLT days. its all ive got for stadard servo other that tower pros.
    haha ive got a billion lipos. but i still like my nimhs on land vehicles. but im sure ill need the speed.
    no current plans/ideas for dig. ill need something for the XR10 though. so i may as well get it dialed on this.
    the 55T were fine on the super, but those were 7"+ tires so they added wheels speed with a 5.25" ill probly need more motor. 45 or 35?
    the cane will be fine. i just needed somethign cheap. this is just temporary.
    ive got some BEC on the planes. need to steal one.
    got my wheel weights in yesterday from the waterjet shop, had to get creative ;)
    thanks for the tips!
    2009 Runner Up

a small update

chassis on

since the arear for weights was too narrow i got creative...

3/16" solid steel disks they weight 1/4 pound each. the bulge of the tire should cover them not widening or making clearing gates any tougher. i sfuffed them and painted them black (no pics) obviously it also moved the weight out too. may not work, but ill give them a shot.
    2009 Runner Up