Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy R's Class 1 Truck

I have a question for you pro crawler builders. Just put on the hand brothers front 3-link on my scx10. When turning left the servo horn and nut hit the hand brothers servo mount. What do I do? I can post pics of the truck and the issue. Thanks in advance. This is the honcho version.
    Last edited by Stangrocka; 04-23-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stangrocka View Post
    I have a question for you pro crawler builders. Just put on the hand brothers front 3-link on my scx10. When turning left the servo horn and nut hit the hand brothers servo mount. What do I do? I can post pics of the truck and the issue. Thanks in advance. This is the honcho version.
    You've got two options to correct that. One is to bust out the Dremel and clearance the 3 link mount 'til the servo clears at full lock. This is what I did on my Toyota. The other option is to flip you servo so the arm points toward the rear of the truck. Technically speaking, this is more scale anyway. :cool2:

ok, so here is what i did, i added 2 very small washers between the servo and the mount to drop the servo 2 mm, works perfectly. i also noticed the truck did not sit centered with the chassis/body because of the panhard bar so i shaved a few hairs of one of the links to make the panhard a little shorter. now everything sits square and centered. i am liking this hand brothers cms so far. sorry to get off the subject of your vehicle tommy r. great rig. i gotta come out with you guys soon.

Did you figure out your wheelbase issue yet?

Turns out I was using Traxxas endlinks instead of the Axial ones and because each one is a bit longer, it added up to a sizeable wheelbase change. I built custom links of sleeved 8-32 all-thread and all is well again.

I've got a few updates since my last post....

I got rid of the slipper which let me move the body forward where I wanted it. I trimmed the front fascia and built a little panel to mount my winch fairlead. I finally sorted out my rear shock dilemma using touring car shocks with Axial 50mm shafts. I had to mount them at an angle to clear the dropped bed. The body mounts are done and I made a servo winch mount, too. I also started a rear bumper, but it's far from finished. Lastly, I sprayed some clear urethane over the entire body to give it a nice shine and to protect the decals.

Here's several pics showing some progression and how it sits today.

Rear body mount and winch.

Front mount.

Rear bumper mock-up.

As it sits now.

Flex shot! :mrgreen:

wow thats badass! awesome work man! :bow:

Thanks, Derek! Hopefully I'll have a bit more of an update tonight. I decided to go ahead and continue building that rear bumper.

and thennnnnnnnn.......

Quote Originally Posted by d3r3k99 View Post
    and thennnnnnnnn.......
    Making progress, but it's stuff that's not really seen so not much to share at the moment. More updates real soon, though...

Those wheels are perfect on there Patrick:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsteve View Post
    Those wheels are perfect on there Patrick:thumbsup:
    Thanks, Wally! :mrgreen: