Thread: new to town

new to town

Hey my name is Parker I'm 22, just moved into Houston from pretty much the north tip of Washington state. Run 1.9 and 2.2 scale and looking to find some places to crawl meet people or have comps and drink beer an shit. Let me know!:SpicyPBJ:
    Cell is 360 797 4290
    Last edited by Parker; 10-06-2011 at 01:34 PM.

welcome to H-Town, i roam the Katy area. 15 min west of Houston on I-10. i have a large rock garden in the yard for crawling. I am currently searching for some scaler spots.

Are there any god R.C. shops around here the ones online all look kind of like model plane oriented instead of off-road trucks and such which really sucks! Any good shops?
    Oh and is there anyone who went to the MSD nationals this year heard you guys were pretty cool to hang out with from all the guys up at Northwest Scale R.C.

All of the local shops have mediocre websites. Larry's hobbies on FM1960 has a good R/C selection with crawling and scaler stuff. the guys who work the R/C car side are very helpful and knowledgeable about crawlers and scalers, most of them have them and usually have them at the shop to show off. RC Hobby Shop on Highway 59 in sugar land has a little bit of everything, lots of car and truck stuff. M&M Hobby center 6703 Chimney Rock Rd has a reasonable selection of car and truck stuff as well. The problem in Houston is since it is so flat crawling and scalers are not super popular as the racing stuff, so most of the hobby shops carry stuff for the speed demons. I would still recommend checking them out they have some cool stuff. I usually stop by one or two of them a month.

ya i'll prolly have to go buy a slash :/ but i'd be willing to go up to college station and a bit further if needed to crawl and ya houston is pretty flat but all we have is mountains where i'm from in washington so the whole state seems flat as hell lol...
    just need to go find some spots i guess :cheers:

what side of Houston are you on?

kinda north west over by memorial drive

That's not to far from here. there is actually an ok track that just opened out here on Westgreen ( 1 mile south of I-10 ) called Katy RC. I have been out there a couple times, cool track really small parts selection though.

Your best bet is to check the club forum at http://www.rcgearheads.com/rcg_forum/ for local scale events. We just had one the first weekend of October and if weather stays nice I'm ready to have another.