Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My SCX10(getting back in project)

Well, another update:

Thanks to sgtsteve, my wb is now correct!!!

Also got the body a bit lower on the chassis. Ordered a HobbyKing ESC, 2 3s LiPo's, and a charger. Also purchased a set of Mud Pluggers from a member on Scale 4x4, also purchased a set of 5 RC4WD landies from another member on Scale4x4(non-beadlock with tomahawks) so that will be nice.

Also buying a CC01 from a guy on Scale4x4 as well!!! Gonna be a nice week. lol

Well, tried my hand a bending some tubing. I have a rough idea of a bumper I want. I also really suck at this. Haha.

Maybe I can trouble someone for their brazing abilities, or insight on how to do this.

I wanna do a grill guard/stinger, and a roof rack. But, I have no idea how to. Ive just now figured out how to use this cheap little brake line bender from harbor freight.

Did a little bit of work to the body, sanded down a few scuffs, primed, sanded just a tad bit, and painted. Nothing too fancy as its gonna get beat up anyway.

Mud Pluggers came in today! I like em! Now to just wait for my landies to come in!

Got some goodies! Landies with Tomahawks!

Can't decide if I want to keep the Tomahawks on or put the Mud Pluggers on. IDK.

I would go for the Mud Pluggers, for both appearance and performance. I believe the Tomahawks are an older compound thats harder than the one used in the pluggers. Another benefit to the Pluggers is that they are a bit taller than the Tomahawks, which is always a good think in compititions:thumbsup:

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar
    I'm a fan of the Mud Thrashers myself....
    :thumbsup:

If you want some, let me know and I'll add them to the store.
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
    LockedUpRC.com

Well, Ill try to get the Mud Pluggers on.

Whats the best way to un-glue tires? Ive tried boiling and it just dont work worth a darn. I dont really care about the tires, just trying to cut down time on getting the rubber off of the wheels for a clean bead. Pain in my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by MelloYello View Post
    Well, Ill try to get the Mud Pluggers on.

Whats the best way to un-glue tires? Ive tried boiling and it just dont work worth a darn. I dont really care about the tires, just trying to cut down time on getting the rubber off of the wheels for a clean bead. Pain in my arse.
    To unglue tires I soak them in acetone for 24 hours and the glue dissolves. Tires and wheels (even plastic) are typically fine afterward. But be warned the foam that are likely in the tires (open cell, I assume) may be junk afterward (way too soft).

Thanks, I said F*** it and cut them off and cleaned the beads as best I could. Anywho, little update I guess:

Pluggers on the landies. Looks good to me. And I only used like 4 drops of CA spaced around each rim for the future. lol.

Also, little picture of random goodies. Im using the Dynamite ESC and the 2s 2000 LiPo on the D90 for now until my RC4WD outcry comes in the mail so I can use my 3s's. Got another SR300 Receiver and Gonna use the Dynamite and 2s on something else thats comin in the mail. Got the Venom Pro charger for hella cheap with all the goodies and power adapter so I can keep my batteries nice and charged, in style.. Haha

PS: The ESC works pretty darn well for the price. $49 at HobbyTown, handles up to a 2S and down to a 10t motor. Has a drag brake and 5 different modes, one of which is "Crawler
    mode. Also has a low voltage cut off built in. I like it.