Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My SCX10(getting back in project)

My SCX10(getting back in project)

Dont really know what class this should be in. Haha.

I picked this thing up recently from a guy on Scale4x4 for a pretty good price. Has custom rear links, Integy 55t, traxxas RX, micro Novak ESC, the TSL Swampers. I just moved the front bumper up and back a little bit, softened the suspension up a bit, and redid the body. Was black, but, added a base of gray primer, then taped off a few sections and did the redish orange color. Then took some 800 grit to some of the body lines to add some weathering. I like it!

But, I'm probably gonna order the RC4WD D90 hard body soon. But I'm not 100% sure which route I want to go. Definitely wanna stay 1.9 or smaller, but, cant really decide on a body. I like the price of the D90 but, everybody does em'

Looking good! Personally, I love the D90 and I think there's only one locally so I say go for it!

Welcome back. I dont recall ever meeting you but I am looking forward to it. I have one of those D90 bodies and one of my first scalers used it:thumbsup: I say go for it.

We have our first scale comp on the 21st and we would love to have you come out:thumbsup:

Ill try to make it out to the comp. But, I just took a trip to the Hobby Shop and got a new body for it. Should be nice when I'm done. Ill post pictures once I get her done!

Turns out I got the crappiest paint money could buy:

Oh well, it will probably get the same dress up as the Yota body I have. Also got some styrene, gonna try to make some bumpers and what not for it.

Got a D90 body from a fellow member Ray today!

This is pretty much just a mock up so far. Gotta get some threaded rod, then figure out how to get the body lower on the chassis and lift the whole rig up accordingly. We'll see what happens.

Still debating whether or not to go to a smaller tire and wheel. I wish I knew how to braze and bend brake line. I can weld and bend large pipe, but not this tiny stuff. Haha

I like the D90. I would go with smaller tires.
    You may talk stgsteve, his selling his futaba 3ch it good radio for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
    I like the D90. I would go with smaller tires.
    You may talk stgsteve, his selling his futaba 3ch it good radio for sure.
    If your interested in the radio shoot me a PM, I was going to post it in the for sale section after next weekends comp. As for the D90, super cool body, just found it difficult to manuver in tight spaces given it is so tall and boxy at the front and overall. I still have mine, but its been hacked up a bit and may be used in the future. For reference, here are a few pics of it as it sits now on top of the new 1.9 class legal RC4WD MTZ's (4.19").

And the links I made for the new XJ project - if you like them, I will make you a set no charge, just provide the parts which are about $10-$15. Good thing is that I already know the lengths they need to be:thumbsup:

Well, got the body down a bit on the chassis. Had to do away with the electronics boxes so I gotta figure out something to do with the electronics now. Then, gotta figure out some bumpers, and links.

PS: sgtsteve, you have a pm!

Little update:

Picked up a new DX3E from hobby town for pretty cheap. Going to get my links made after while. Bought some 1.9 Mud Pluggers from a member on Scale4x4 for cheap. Probably gonna get a set of the Tango Down wheels or the Wagon Wheels from RC4wd. Not sure yet. Kinda pricey though.

Once the WB is right, Im gonna get the body down a little bit. Probably gonna have to lower the battery tray to get it down more in the front. We'll see what happens!!