Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sgtsteve's Class 1 XJ/H2

Little update..ordered some parts from Lockeduprc.com on Monday, got them yesterday:mrgreen: First off, excellent shipping and great packaging as always Patrick:thumbsup:

2 Robotronic Aluminum Servo arm's (dual clamp design) - 1 for the JK and the other for the H2.
    1 Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL waterproof version - got this to support the 4s battery power I plan on using:mrgreen:
    1 RC4WD Aluminum Fairlead
    1 6" Scotty figure to drive the H2 (not pictured but can be seen in the link)
    And best of all, STICKERS!!!!

Few more parts I want to order, some for aesthetics, other for performance like OD gears which should be in soon. I dont have a picture yet of the redesigned front bumber but will have one up soon. I plan on making the skid plate/battery holders this weekend along with an electronics storage space which is gonna be tough with the winch servo mounted up front now:eek2: Pics to come...

Team Manager
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

Finally some good updates.
    First off, ordered up some 2s 1300mah lipos from hobbyking (USA) warehouse on monday and got them yesterday! At just over $4 a piece, I couldnt be happier. They will be wired up in series for 4s power. My main concern with batts was going to be where to put them. I wanted them on top of the sliders for several reasons but space was a major concern. I had approx 18mm of thickness to play with and these were listed at 15mm. Turns out they are under 10mm so thats perfect.

Now the sliders. Made from thick angle and flat steel, welded together and now painted. I wanted a really clean simple look so no tubes on these. You can barely make them out once they are mounted and that was the point.

Also figured out how to mount the servo winch up front along with the electronics. They all fit real snug and only the reciever needs waterproofing as I opted for the waterproof version of the HH BR-XL. I also wired in a CC BEC with a micro deans plug so if I feel I need to use I can just plug it in. I also plan to wire in a micro deans plug to the servo winch in case I decide to run it straight off the bec and just run the servo of the receiver power (6v thanks to the HH BR-XL). Also got the front wheel wells most done. I still need to get the top part figured out.

Here you can also see how I redid the front bumper and mounted the RC2WD aluminum fairlead. Clean and simple, just like I wanted.

Driver is ready go! Also made an antenna that still needs to be painted. Its as close to scale in length as I could figure based on a 1:1 H2 I saw the other day.

Got 6 LED's in there now, 4 up front and 2 in the rear. They were the brightest I could find but dont look to bright to me. Its probably a combonation of old/weak 9v battery and thick, textured plastic lenses. Either way, I really like the way they came out. No pics, its just light! I do still plan on mounting up Axial light buckets on the brush gaurd like Patrick did but havent gotten around to it yet.

Team Manager

Hey Steve, any pics of all the electronics and the battery configuration w/o the body? Looks like you did a battery setup similar to what I did with my old Bronco. Curious if you had a better way to access the batteries...

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC

I will snap some pics tonight but basically the batteries sit on top of the sliders and are held in place by velcro and the underside of the interior just barely touches which helps keep them in place. The rear of the body/interior is attached to a plate/bracket which is mounted to the chassis and pivots back. All I have to do is remove the two pins up front and the whole body swings up for easy access to the batts.

Team Manager

Here is how I have the batteries mounted:

Slider with velcro to hold the batteries along with underside of interior holds them really well. These are also 1300mah 2s so they are very light.

Let me know if more pics are needed:thumbsup:

Team Manager

Thanks, Steve! Looks good and is pretty close to what I had envisioned. I'm leaning toward going 4s on my C2 rig, but am trying to decide what motor I want to run. I've got a Homles Crawlmaster Pro 13t, but it doesn't have quite the low speed resolution I'd prefer. I think it could do fine, but I don't think it would like 4s. I'm so pleased with the Tekin 35T Pro Wound that I'd consider another one. Just not sure how it'd do on 4s! And not so sure I want to risk it. :) Are you pleased with your Torquemaster 25t?

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
    Thanks, Steve! Looks good and is pretty close to what I had envisioned. I'm leaning toward going 4s on my C2 rig, but am trying to decide what motor I want to run. I've got a Homles Crawlmaster Pro 13t, but it doesn't have quite the low speed resolution I'd prefer. I think it could do fine, but I don't think it would like 4s. I'm so pleased with the Tekin 35T Pro Wound that I'd consider another one. Just not sure how it'd do on 4s! And not so sure I want to risk it. :) Are you pleased with your Torquemaster 25t?
    I run Holmes 25t tq master pro (has checkpoint end bell) on 4s it peppy. Low end is awesome.

You will fine with 35t on 4s alot people run this.

Quote Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
    I run Holmes 25t tq master pro (has checkpoint end bell) on 4s it peppy. Low end is awesome.

You will fine with 35t on 4s alot people run this.
    Oh, I didn't know you and Steve were running the same setup. Cool... Tell me this, I hate how quickly HH motors typically go through brushes. Are y'all's having decent longevity?

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC

I would have to say on brushes they are the same as any other motor. I had the 35t HH rebuilt only because I thought it needed it since the drag brake was so bad but I think its just the Sidewinder I have in it. As soon as Patrick gets the HH BR-XL's in Im getting one and going 4s on the JK as well. I havent tested 4s on the 35t but as you saw with the H2, 4s with the 25t is a little screamer with great low end resolution. Im going to stick with 35t on the JK because it is a bit of a pig and I think the little extra torque from the 35t will be good to have. I did read about brushes not lasting as long but that was due to the BR-XL and its mega hold. John recommends turning it down if you need, but hell, brushes are cheap and that hold is priceless:thumbsup:

Team Manager

Not much of an update really but I did want to show off the new Locked Up Rc scale wheel hubs. The hubs look and work beautifully! You can see all the available hubs here

Rear Hub

Team Manager