Thread: Venom Safari Creeper Scale Build...

Venom Safari Creeper Scale Build...

Bought myself a basic RTR Safari Creeper and after a few runs and watching Youtube like crazy. I figured I'd try my hand at scaling one out. I haven't seen anyone scale out a Safari, yet... Mine is still in the beginning steps of the scale out. I've set up the DIG unit to the front wheels to have "shift on the fly", I also moved the shocks/links, and mounted a Land Rover D90 hard body to the truck. I had to cut the front frame in order to move the bumper back to fit properly on the new body. Would have been about 2" out otherwise. I still have a LOT of work to do...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Is it top heavy?, looks kinda high up there. Hard bodies :mrgreen: are nice lol. You thought about pulling the interior panel off and running 1.9's. Like a Camel Trophy truck. in the process of building a Rubicon Unlimited and a '80 K5 Blazer. Will post pix but this is what I am going for with the K5... NOT MY TRUCK, from Proline customer and got his ok to copy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
    Is it top heavy?, looks kinda high up there. Hard bodies :mrgreen: are nice lol. You thought about pulling the interior panel off and running 1.9's. Like a Camel Trophy truck. in the process of building a Rubicon Unlimited and a '80 K5 Blazer. Will post pix but this is what I am going for with the K5... NOT MY TRUCK, from Proline customer and got his ok to copy.
    Ric (bowtie on this forum) used to have an awesome K5 ... I'll see if I can find some pictures...
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
    LockedUpRC.com

Yes! Very top heavy!! I'm thinking of running the 1.9's, or bringing the body down a little, or shaving the top off... That's going to be a hard choice... I'm in the 1st steps... Cant wait to see your rig.

nice safari.