Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve's Sakura D3 Drifter

Whoa! What'd I miss here?? Did y'all have an RC drift demo at a 1:1 drift event?? Details, boys! Details!!

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
    Whoa! What'd I miss here?? Did y'all have an RC drift demo at a 1:1 drift event?? Details, boys! Details!!
    We went to the Formula Drift event at Texas Motor Speedway and being drift junkies brought our RC's. I figured after the event we would be all pumped up and want to do some drifting of our own. Low and behold, HPI had a booth in the paddock with a tiny track and a couple of their cars out for demos. We asked the rep if we could bring our cars and he said absolutely. Coolest part of this event is you can bring anything you want in, coolers, backpacks.... So we went to car to get our rc's and drifted for probably a solid hour. Most surprising thing is how many people we saw walking around with NIB HPI drift cars that they bought there (I think they discounted them around 30-35% at the event).

Team Manager

That's awesome!! Did y'all get any pics/videos? If so, let's see!

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC

I will post some pics up in a bit. Videos are going to take a while because they are a bunch of 20 sec clips really. I only actually took a few crappy videos. Cory took a bunch more and I hope he puts a little something together:thumbsup:

Team Manager

Link to all the pictures.

Several of my favorites...
    Right hand drive Silvia

Turbo - few $$$, Nos - few more $$$, all putting mad power to a Rotary... Priceless!

Team Manager

I swear, the whole reason for going was to celebrate Cory's B'day but after seeing all the amazing cars, drifting and "trees", I felt like it was my birthday:mrgreen: Hopefully they come back next year. Check list for next year... 1. Leave women at home (Audrey was awesome, but all my starring and ogling at all those umbrella girls was only half as fun as it could have been since Cory couldn't join the fun:Shaking: 2. Bring cooler full of water, or beer if Tommy and Eric joins us. 3. Leave at 5 to get dinner and return at 7:30 for finals - Cory planned this perfectly:thumbsup: 4. Take crap tons more pictures and bring a high quality zoom capable video camera to get those tight high speed drift shots.

Team Manager

heres the pics Audrey took of us.

no pics of the "trees" but i think steve got some stored deep, deep, deeeeeeeeeeeeep within his brain :boobies:
    2008 TXRCRCA Super Class State Champ
    2009 Runner Up
    and scaler freak :D

That's awesome. Be sure to thank her for me for hanging in there while we goofed off.

Team Manager

2008 TXRCRCA Super Class State Champ
    2009 Runner Up
    and scaler freak :D

That was cool Cory, thank you. I still havent broken down the car to see what the heck was causing my front end to grind. I went ahead and ordered up the 3racing ultra wide angle drive shafts since they will be a better fit than the aftermarket ones I have on there now and will also give me a little more steering.

Team Manager