Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doing my first full custom build... any advice on things for a 6X6

doing my first full custom build... any advice on things for a 6X6

K2-6 6x6 Truck Chassis

M3 Short Bent Plastic Rod End (for a 4 link suspinsion all around)

custom cut punisher shfats for all 3 axles, seeing it is hard to find the sizes i need or to order just one cost around $60-$80

40mm Internally Threaded Aluminum Link

55mm Internally Threaded Aluminum Link

80mm Internally Threaded Aluminum Link

90mm Internally Threaded Aluminum Link

XD Diaphragm Shock Absorber 75mm (2 for the front axle) these was a whole lot of fun to build, i think i will order shocks for my wraith just to have spares, and build them.lol

Super Bully Light Weight Lower 4 Links Mounts. i did use thses on the Integy axles.

85mm medium
    off-road buggy shocks (4 for the C/R axle)

AX10 tranny

AX10 locked front axle 2.92:1 ratio

i went with the Integy mid and rear axles for now, at any time i can go back a swap them out, to run my AX10 axles, unless someone needs parts/buys them.
    Integy all metal center axle 2.74:1 ratio

Integy all metal rear axle 2.74:1 ratio

i am not sure, which ESC i want to use, seeing i have many brushed ESC's and a lot of 15T-30T motoer, and a 35T, and 55T motor. but i think i am going to order the same if not some very similar to the brushless setup on my wraith. maybe go with a 100KV-1900KV motor, and use the same hobby wing crawler ESC... CAN I GET A VOTE/FEED BACK ON WHICH I SHOULD USE???

4 monster truck tire/wheels i will be running no foams, and trying to seal the wheels, if i can do it. for mid and rear

2 bead lock wheels in the front, with HB rovers soft, with soft foams, but i am thinking of sealing these wheels also, just for the fun of it.

all the parts have come in that i have ordered, and had to change the wheel/tire size, due to no one having the tire/wheels i wanted for this project. but i went with larger, just means more clearence.

if you guys have any advice or if you have any ideals that would make this a bad ass build, im open to suggestions.

hopefully this will be up and running within the next 2-12 days... if there is anyone in the SATX area that would like to come out and give a hand with the build, that would be great. im not a pro at this, but i am pretty good...

also, i still may need some help with the tranny plate, due to needing some holes drilled in it, or a custom tranny plate conversion plate...
    Last edited by spcgriffin88; 04-02-2013 at 08:35 AM.

anyone got any advice? i am not going to use the brushless system, because that went to my wraith, and i am still looking for some good tire/wheel combos that come at a low price. plus i have to run some wheel spacers, because the integy axles are not as wide as the AX10 axles.

but, i do feel that i have lost steam on this project. because its pretty complicated, and every time i get something going right, it seems to not fit with the parts i have, and with a lack of equipment to modify things, is a real drag...

anyone have any advice for me?

Quote Originally Posted by spcgriffin88 View Post
    anyone got any advice? i am not going to use the brushless system, because that went to my wraith, and i am still looking for some good tire/wheel combos that come at a low price. plus i have to run some wheel spacers, because the integy axles are not as wide as the AX10 axles.

but, i do feel that i have lost steam on this project. because its pretty complicated, and every time i get something going right, it seems to not fit with the parts i have, and with a lack of equipment to modify things, is a real drag...

anyone have any advice for me?
    Griff, Post some pics so i can see what your working, what body are you using?

i dont have a body yet, i am thinking of making one, or just going with the tamiya king hauler. i want to finish the rig, then lookinto the body. unless someone has something that would look good as a 6X6...

IMAG0562.jpg
    IMAG0561.jpg
    IMAG0559.jpg
    IMAG0558.jpg

here are some of the parts so far... i do have other items on the way now, and i am thinking of going with a brushless setup, just like the one i just put in the wraith.

sounds like a great parts list and start. ive always thought a 6x6/8x8 would be crazy fun. and so different.

FYI this forum is for GTGs only, not builds. contact Steve and he should be able to move it to the appropriate build section ;)
    2008 TXRCRCA Super Class State Champ
    2009 Runner Up
    and scaler freak :D

sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
    FYI this forum is for GTGs only, not builds.
    Forum Nazi!

Moved to Scale Other:thumbsup:

Team Manager
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

LOL, thats cool, and too funny. :fight::cheers:

updated pics

here are the updated pics, after last night. i cant wait to be running this beast.... the D&Y recovery agent.

IMAG0597.jpg

IMAG0598.jpg

IMAG0600.jpg

IMAG0599.jpg

i also have the styrene (i think thats how its spelt) sheets and tubes for the bed/body if i do not buy a King Hauler body, not sure what all i will do just yet... because i am going to use some of the sheet/tubing to make a bed for my wraith, and maybe some other small cool looking items for that lil beast!!!