Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: doing my first full custom build... any advice on things for a 6X6

This is lookin sweet! Cant wait to see the final product!

i cant wait to run it, to see how it performs... plus i am still debaiting what motor/ESC combo to go with. i have 15T/20T/23T/27T/35T/55T motors, and 4 or 5 different ESC, but i am not sure if i have anything that is programable, other than my AE-2.

ok, so heres an update to the crazyness

no buggy shocks, i ordered some 60mm tuned shocks for the rear axles, i have to re-do all the links for the rear axles (theyre way to short, causing me to snap all my drive shafts...

i am putting a R2 trans with disconect, seeing i destroyed the gears in the AX10 trans.

i will be running this one as a brushless setup, that is geared down massively, but i love that high RPM range on a brushless...

i will be running bead lok wheels all around, with a massive amount of weight in the front tire/wheels. i plan to make it up and around 1.5-2 lbs of weight total for each front tire/wheel.

i am going to build a custom cab/body on here, its really nice that the chassis came with a built in CMS mounts. and i will be using it, once i figure out the drag link distance.

i would like to come up with the idea of how to use a 540 motor as a winch, so i can really pull people, i think i may need a R2 dual disconnect trans, with 2 cutom made spools, with a manual lever that i can select for the front or rear cable to be used. (that will be just a hell of a project in it self, not to include mounting it, and hiding it... but that will make use of my NiMh batts)

i am unsure of the color i want to use for this build yet, if i should go with a military color, or do some custom painting, and make it a crazy design??

i have not lost my motivation on this, just have to wait for the funds to be available... but, i do have to say, i love it when uncle sam owes me back pay... i am looking to seeing some extra money coming in, and i will be buying more of the goodness of this big beast.

IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0634.jpg

IMAG0635.jpg

IMAG0636.jpg

here are some updates to the 6X6, and i did do a test run, and this thing is way to fast, i will be putting my slower motor on it, and i will be running my ripsaw tires/wheels that came with the rtr wraith on the reat, and a set of beadlok wheels with V tred tires on the front, with the max amount of weight i can fit in them. there is very little articluation with the axles, but it will climb a 8in curb like it is.

the tires and wheels on the rear are really just for testing for now, and will be changed. i didnt feel like building this thing all up, and have something break.lol

but i plan to lock the mid and rear axles before saturday, to show it off at the comp this weekend. that is if i dont break anything.lol

i cant wait to see how this thing does...

i do feel that this beast is way to narrow, and needs to have about a 2in wider wheel base, for better side hill stability.

also, without any added weights, this beast is weighing around 10-15 lbs already, and thats without a body, or any winches.

NICE! :redfinger:

Look what I found on the internets

pics-0057.jpg

oh man... that is just crazy sick... thats bad ass now. where did you find this??

Random pic gallery. Don't know anything about original source.