Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ~TSS~ Stoc(J)K Class 0

ta da!
    ive been working on this thing the last couple of days trying to get it ready to unveil at Rock The Lake 4.

did a bunch of link swaping and got the WB just perfect and got axles hung and into a roller. I also got the 7955 servo mounted and steering links done.

got the rc4wd JK wheels weighted and MTZs mounted. added some RC4wd scale hardware on the lugs. added some Junfac 13mm wideners but looking for something narrower.

Raised the R2 3/16" to clear the upper links and driveshaft. also bolted up the HH 45T. gonna try some axial plastic shafts on this thing. not sure how they will hold up.
    2008 TXRCRCA Super Class State Champ
    2009 Runner Up
    and scaler freak :D

Sick Cory:thumbsup:

I thought we said no weight in the wheels? If we are, then I probably need to add some.

Team Manager
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

I didn't remember that rule/discussion. :blush:
    I think weight will be a must with the top heavy, narrow rigs were building.
    I have no beef with wheel weight for this class.
    2009 Runner Up

It might of been something I talked with Tommy about actually. I was saying the same thing, these are top heavy....and he responded "that's what makes them fun", at least I think that's what he said. Either way, I probably wont run weight. I did get it all hooked up again, body and all, and holy moly is that tranny loud! Its almost so loud it kills the scale factor. I am pretty Im getting a Dinky unit when they are available.

Team Manager

haha you and tommy keep holding your breath for another 2 years for that dinky:mrgreen:

sorry about the weight. i guess i just didnt remember. i havent gone back and re-read though either. i did go much lighter on the weight than i usually do. ive treid to stay weight consious knowing the performance is already gonna suck so bad. but thats kinda the point too i guess. thats one reason i went with the plastic driveshafts.
    2009 Runner Up

Yeah, Im trying the plastic shafts as well for now.

Team Manager

been scramblin trying to get this thing ready for rock the lake this weekend!

got the body mounts made. and whiped up some sliders/electronic trays.
    also added some Delrin spring cups, and trying out some 80wt oil in the shocks to try to slow the suspension cycle down for a more realistic look.

heres where im not happy. track width. slash/traxxas grey hexes are too narrow, and junfac/gmade red 13mm wideners are too wide (shown)
    following some 1:1 stock JKs around town they appear to be about (scale) 1/4" inside the fender lips. im out 1/4" outside the fender lips.

also looks like im gonna have to trim the front bumper extensions :( really didnt want to do this. im wondering if i could get rid of some of the scrub radius if i could get away with not trimming. but at full stuff they would probly still rub. this is shown about 1/8" lower ride height that i plan to run.
    2009 Runner Up

Could you shave down the junfac hexes. I know someone with a lathe:mrgreen:

Team Manager

yeah i could shave probly 1mm -2mm or so from each hex (hex doesnt go all the way or i would have gone this route)
    http://www.junfac.com/shop/images/gmade_2.2widener.jpg
    but i dont think will be enough shorter for what im wanting :(
    2009 Runner Up

I hear ya. Im in the same boat, but just the lugs stick out so a different tire would help, with looks anyway. I had talked to Patrick the other day and I think Im going to run by his house tomorrow and try to get the RC4WD hubs shaved down 1mm, which should make a pretty noticeable difference.

Team Manager