Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.9 Scale Tuber Build ~Trail Crusher~

1.9 Scale Tuber Build ~Trail Crusher~

So this is my first build thread on a custom build. Bash me if you will, it will be gratefully appreciated. Constructive criticism would be good I'm not stuck up. If you'd like to post suggestions with pics please do but I just don't know how I'm going to go about on this build.

But here we go:
    It started as a 2.2 truggy

So now I have some plans to convert it to a 1.9 and so the build has started.
    I will post pics of the build as I go.... Let me know what shocks to install to convert to a 1.9
    I have the Gmade TS01 but I want the most articulation I can get...
    Thanks guys...

1.9 Scale Tuber Build ~Trail Crusher~

So a little update in the build :
    Did a little sanding then primer so just trying to get that smooth paint going on...

Covered up the winch guide cause I want to leave that black for the theme I'm going with...

White primer because I want the color I'm going with to stand out

Sanded out the body to get a smooth finish as well, going with a gloss look

Cut off the rear of a hilux in order to keep the full rear window and just make the bottom custom...

Put down some primer on the body and custom backing....

Looks like you're coming along. be careful painting that close to a dirt floor. I assume you're using spray paint and the overspray can kick up dirt and get it in your paint. There's nothing more frustrating to me when spending a lot of time painting something as a piece of trash that gets in it. Same goes for the dirt on top of your paint can stand. I'm probably a bit anal on paint jobs and am definitely my own worst critic.

Yeah I know what you mean lol but I paint them high and wet the dirt before painting that way nothing kicks up... But so far I haven't had an issue painting like that... The piece closest to the ground is first painted then set to dry but thanks bro I too am anal about painting tok me like 3 days to paint that and I still have much more to paint...

So after letting it dry for 2 days I hit it up with a wet/dry 600 grain sand paper to check for deficiencies..... After that I hit it with 2 coats of paint with about 2 hrs apart for now....
    Choosing the white primer makes the paint pop....

Here it is:

Then after sanding the cab as well I let it dry and hit it up with the paint I chose... White !!! After 2 coats as well and 2 hrs in between its coming out good so far...

So before it got even colder I went ahead and quick sanded as well as cover the center hole of the hood with some bondo. I went with a flat black. After the first two coats I went ahead and also sanded the hood with 600 grain sand paper wet. After that I took my Dremel with the wire attachment and sanded the hinges that hold the hood... Gave them an initial orange coat to go with the theme....Enjoy

Cool! You gave me a idea on what I need to do where did you get the hinges?

Quote Originally Posted by luenhsing View Post
    Cool! You gave me a idea on what I need to do where did you get the hinges?
    You can find them at hobby lobby like in the spot where they have like the doll houses or you can find them online.... Or Michael's as well...

Cool thanks, Hobby Lobby, on the wasy home. I think I know what this is now. Thanks,