Thread: Titan motor in a Wraith?

Titan motor in a Wraith?

I burned up my stock Axial 20T motor today on a run, it literally started smoking. So i went to the local shop and picked up a Traxxas Titan 21T motor. it fit perfectly and so far it seems to run just fine. Since i've put the Titan in i've only had the opportunity to run it for about 5 min. Has anybody else done this? What did you think? Or am I one of the only one in this boat? Thanks

I've run one in my sons scx10... Built and driven like an emaxx...For like two years without any issues. And hell I had the another pair in an old emaxx for like two years and ran strong till the day I sold it. The 21t is a good strong cheap motor. 1000x better than axials!
    I'M THE KID YOUR PARENTS WARNED YOU ABOUT!:smokin:

ya buddy sounds like me i burn a motor b4 the battery goes dead..use to at least.ive heard both good and bad things about traxxas motors.i personally have had bad luck with traxxas anything...especially those 17 dollar motors.im running a rc4wd 35t on my wraith that i purchased for ten bucks on line haven't had a problem yet.you might should gear it different thats what i also learned.helped amazingly on keeping motor cool.oh ya also i have a little fan pointed right on motor and esc.also helps

I tried a 12t Titan in my SCX10 years ago. It performed reasonably well, but lacked the low end, low speed torque to crawl worth a flip. Put a little load on it and need to modulate the throttle carefully? Wouldn't do it well at all. So I went to a more conventional 45t motor.

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

Cool. It sounds like i should be fine, but some sort of fan or something would be a good idea. i'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC Lights View Post
    Cool. It sounds like i should be fine, but some sort of fan or something would be a good idea. i'll look into it.
    Heat wasn't the issue....at least not in my case. The motor would just stall out under a load when crawling. If you don't put the rig into much of a bind or do much low speed crawling it may work out fine.

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

going to a smaller pinion will help. but like tommy said the motor was not designed for low speed control and torque. but if its just a casual trail rig/basher it would probly be fine.
    if your looking to do precise control and comps etc id look else where.
    2008 TXRCRCA Super Class State Champ
    2009 Runner Up
    and scaler freak :D

Gotchya. Well i'll do some research and get something that will last a good while.