Thread: Help

Help

Hey guys I'm wanting to build a truggy. Going four link all the way around but I can't decide to run scx10 or tfs2 frame. I want super scale but still be able to wheel with best. Deff want hard body but having hard time finding Chevy bodies. I will be doing my own brazing so eney pics of yours will help. What is better for water brushless or brushed. What are the guid lines for building a truggy. I have many questions as this will be my first scratch build so eney info will be a great help thank you and see y'all on the trail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xr10 View Post
    Hey guys I'm wanting to build a truggy. Going four link all the way around but I can't decide to run scx10 or tfs2 frame. I want super scale but still be able to wheel with best. Deff want hard body but having hard time finding Chevy bodies. I will be doing my own brazing so eney pics of yours will help. What is better for water brushless or brushed. What are the guid lines for building a truggy. I have many questions as this will be my first scratch build so eney info will be a great help thank you and see y'all on the trail.

I personally chose a SCX10 frame for my truggy build as they're strong, readily available and cheap. Thruthfully, unless you're building the chassis from scratch to match the generation of Chevy truck you're trying to build then the frame won't be that realistic anyways. All ladder frames will have similar bends in them that mimic a generic truck chassis.

If running in water you can use brushed or brushless. A brushed motor with heavy springs and soft copper brushes is already waterproof and ready to go, whereas if you go brushless you'll have to disassemble it and coat your sensor boards and hope the waterproofing works.

For pics of brazing check out any of the threads I've started in the 2.2 section or check out my truck on the 19th at Murrell. Since I know I won't be 100% done it won't be painted. Fitting of the parts is the biggest hurdle you'll face in a quality braze, the closer the parts fit the less rod you'll need and the cleaner it'll look.

For guidelines check out the SORRCA rulebook. It has a few rules on stuff you can't do, leaving plenty open for the imagination. I don't personally compete in any SORRCA events however if you're going to bother building a chassis from scratch you might as well do one that you know you can enter a comp with if your heart ever desires.

Thank you. I'm a Chevy guy with one to ones and I did not even think about the frame style from ford to Chevy dodge thanks for the idea. But I'm not ready to fab my own frame rails. It's my first build so I'm not really worried about sorrca more for guide line for the build so please yes bring yours out so I may have a close look. I'll see you the 19 the I'll be with trail snails site.