Thread: Wanting to build a small scale/rock crawling course indoors

Wanting to build a small scale/rock crawling course indoors

I have retail store in the Stockyards in Ft Worth that has a basement that I am not doing much with. What I am wanting is to build a small scale/rock crawling course that would fit in a 12' x 16'. Any info on what and how to build it would be much appreciated. And where to get the materials need on the cheap thanks Sean

Quote Originally Posted by revolver View Post
    I have retail store in the Stockyards in Ft Worth that has a basement that I am not doing much with. What I am wanting is to build a small scale/rock crawling course that would fit in a 12' x 16'. Any info on what and how to build it would be much appreciated. And where to get the materials need on the cheap thanks Sean
    I had a small rock garden at one point using DOT size reprap rock I had left over from a landscaping project that worked out well, however redoing the course was a pain since the rocks are 10-20lbs and I had a bunch of them. I have seen some people build larger hollow rocks with chicken wire covered in some type of fabric then stucco on top. This will allow creativity with features that can be easily moved since they can be hollow.

Also, FWIW, make the course available to the public, maybe with a small "course maintenance fee" and I know I'll be there often, assuming it's air conditioned.

Drew thanks for the info I might have to start looking into prefab rocks then

Yes it is A/C and anyone that helps will always be welcome to use it

I'm building a track in my back yard I have lots of ideas. Here's my number call me sometime this weekend I'm off sun and Monday I can come out and see what you got. 817 454 2459.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check out Mikes Hobby shop... Let me know what you think. I help build most of it and supplied some rocks. Mike might be closing the place down so it might be available. Here is one of the videos I did there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywoNvPNmB1I Hope this helps!!