Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NTXRCC - 2014/2015 Winter Series Comp #6, March. 14th, Murrell Park, Lake Grapevine

I have to ask.... are you guys telling the person at the gate what you are there for??
    When I was comping with Gary and them for the last 5yrs I alway told told them I was meeting friends at the marina and never had an issue, heck even when I went there just to practice I told them the same thing.
    it might be the frequency of the people coming out or a barney fife ranger, I've read the park rules and they state motorized but it's a grey area, heck the bikes disturb more than the trucks we drive.
    maybe just sit back and hit other spots for a while and give it some time and the try and go back and see what happens, I'm willing to bet that it will go back to the way it has been for the last 5yrs, or just carry a fishing pile and say your fishing.

I usually just tell the gate I'm going to day use area,but no matter where I go,the park ranger finds us.we even discussed the bike trails and the damage they cause,but he didn't want to hear it. He said that's the rules. Like I said,he said tickets will start being issued

Crawler Innovations has been to Murrell Park during the week to test, tune and film. I arrive with truck and enclosed trailer (with company name all over trailer), and have told the front gate guard exactly what I was doing. No issues, so far.

I was hoping to attend a couple comps with your club this year. I hope this truly doesn't become an issue. It's a beautiful park.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426879926.924677.jpg

..Uploaded from the lab @ the C.I. Compound...
    Give 20 people the same chassis & axles, and they'll build a crawler 20 different ways.

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

I have a friend that works for the Army Corp, he says as long as we are out of the of mountain bikers pathway, we should have no issue. He did say there is one ranger in that area that is a part timer, with an attitude, and that should be gone soon. But, as long as we are responsible and take care of the park we should be ok.
    This area is close to home for me, I want to try it out. Being a newbie, I'm interested in a gathering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a bit more information.....
    The Army Corp at Grapevine Lake has decided not to allow RC Crawling in their parks. They made this decision based on the way some of the people going out there were treating the property. Someone was cutting vegetation and spray painting the rocks. Plus, they were occupying camping areas, instead of day use areas. This is the information I was giving by the Ranger over the area. This is very disappointing! There is no need to deface or modify the landscape. We (as a group) must respect the property and leave it cleaner than it was before we arrived. This is the only way we will earn the respect of property managers in all areas.
    I'm currently working on communicating with the folks at Trophy Club Park. I was told they had offered to dedicate an area in their offroad park area for RC hobbiest. I will let yall know what I find out.
    Thanks for reading through my frustration, hopefully we can all work towards earning that respect we need, to maintain access to good crawling areas.

Newbie to RC crawling. Enjoying my SCX10.

The state of Texas has a legal definition
    as to what is a "vehicle"

Your rv toys do not fit that legal discription.

The state of Texas has a legal definition
    as to what is a "vehicle"

Your rv toys do not fit that legal discription.

That's understandable, but at this point all "rc car" persons are to blame for the damage that was done by the few that were there. So, we all suffer the consequence.

Newbie to RC crawling. Enjoying my SCX10.

This is kinda funny, I just got another crawler and went out there last weekend and ran my crawler for a couple hours and didn't have even one problem, now I speak of this because I was one of the crawlers in the club that has been out there many times in the last 5-6 years, this just seems to me that it depends on who is out there rangering that day, I even had several people stop and watch my rig climb the rocks, now I did notice a couple of times a truck drive through, and when I left for the day that same truck was parked at the gate.

Oh, just to test out my theory I plan on going back out there some time soon and see, I'm not going to buck the system I'm just going in and drive my rig, if I'm asked/ told to put it away and or leave then I will, I just think this is a knee jerk reaction, since the guidelines they have in their rules clearly state our toys don't fall under their criteria, so then what is next?? a little child can't play with his or her toys inside the park for fear that the toy will destroy the park.