Thread: Putting my scx10 on a diet

Putting my scx10 on a diet

Well my poor scx10 he got fat. Some one just kept feeding it metal bumpers sliders etc. So when on trail runs it performs very well, however after going to a few of the North Texas scale crawlers comps I learned it need a special diet carbon fiber. So I ordered a chassis and links from nerby and a set for krl's to help start off the diet

Ksh team driver
    #scx10carbonfiber
    Last edited by snapon boy; 06-07-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Here is an update. I got the parts coming for the xr10 mod for the front axle

I also picked up a set of koyosho velvets shocks these things are amazingly smooth! I installed a delrin tubes for the rear axle housings for strength. So for a update on weight I weighted it earlier and I'm under 5lbs with body and battery.

Well a bit of good news this thing drives like my shafty it amazing. And so I got my son the same set up as well.

Here is the body took Dan a bit but we'll worth it. Amazing work from Keystone splatter house Fx.

149 r/c worx team driver

I added underdrive gears and overdrive yesterday it made a big difference in climbing stuff!

149 r/c worx team driver

Very cool.

Can you tell me more about the under drive / over drive gears?

I just got my first rock crawler the other day (scx10-2), still learning the in's & out's of these things.

Be glad to.

149 r/c worx team driver

The over drive in the front helps by pulling the front wheels up and over obstacles quicker and it also helps you turn in a tighter circle. The under drive in the rear helps keep the rear axle/tires from digging in and getting caught up under a ledge etc. The other advantage is it pulls the truck down on to the rock. https://youtu.be/m0Wee_byRXw

In this video you can see how they under over help me climb up a very steep and tall rock face. They don't make a under over gear set for the scx10 II yet but someone will and soon is my guess. Give me pm if you need help or want to get together to comp/crawl.
    Fish

149 r/c worx team driver

Quote Originally Posted by snapon boy View Post
    The over drive in the front helps by pulling the front wheels up and over obstacles quicker and it also helps you turn in a tighter circle. The under drive in the rear helps keep the rear axle/tires from digging in and getting caught up under a ledge etc. The other advantage is it pulls the truck down on to the rock. https://youtu.be/m0Wee_byRXw

In this video you can see how they under over help me climb up a very steep and tall rock face. They don't make a under over gear set for the scx10 II yet but someone will and soon is my guess. Give me pm if you need help or want to get together to comp/crawl.
    Fish

149 r/c worx team driver
    That was a pretty steep climb in the end. Very impressive, Snapon boy. I love the blue color on that crawler by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitra View Post
    That was a pretty steep climb in the end. Very impressive, Snapon boy. I love the blue color on that crawler by the way.
    Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk