View Poll Results: Do you own a Super class Crawler

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Yes I have a Super, that actually is in running condition.

14 73.68%
  • 2. Yes I have one, but it isnt in running condition.

5 26.32%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all Supers

Re: Calling all Supers

I've got a rig that was super legal till the wheelbase and wheel size requirements with the '10 update.....but, the plan is to have it legal again pretty quickly.....especially if I can clear the tire/wheel set I already have......

I have a clod based crawler (not finished) that I wanted to make into a super till I found out that almost no one in Texas was running them, So I decided to make it into a 2.2 the problem I have there is that the wheel base of 12 1/2" is the same as the track width the way I have it set up currently with the Junfac beadlocks and Moabs (not XLs) on it. So I am wishing we also had a super class to run in. However the guys here Locally I doubt will ever see fit to run em in NTX,
    as I beleve they are more dedicated to their 2.2's with berg axles etc and their 1.9's.
    Just MHO
    BuddmanTx

Well I was planning on building a super based on clod axles, and then I kind of threw that on the back burner. At least until this past monday. We are out in Cali on vacation this week and I went to one of the local hobby shops before I went to a little crawler get together. When I got the I was admiring a Clod based crawler that looked fairly custom. When I asked the guy at the counter how much it cost him to build the thing. He said for just the chassis, axles (all aluminum cases and beefy insides), links and tires/wheels was over $400. I was thinking wow not bad, he then said that he would sell it for $200. After a little talking and haggling I got him to $150. So long story short I have a new super. I have allready got the dual motor esc on the way, and I am currently looking for the right motors to use in it. The whole thing is black/blue and chrome so I am going to try and find blue crawler motors (I know its dumb but oh well that is what I want leave me alone. :lol: I will post some pics of it up when I get back home and get it put back together.

Working out electronics, and waiting on my servo's. (Hitec 7990's when they come out, 7950 and a 450oz Turnigy for now)

re ; super class

i have a super truck i need tow speed con and 1 locker and im ready to play

North Texas will be attmepting to have a competetive super class this season. I'm fairly confident there will
    be 2-4 supers competing consistantly.Though that may not sound like much,it is for our club.

Only problem with supers IMO is the amount of time and money spent.....compared to the amount of places to crawl.
    There is alot more places to crawl a 2.2,and 1.9 around here.

That is good to hear! Shelby and I will finally have some competition at TSF....

Quote Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
    North Texas will be attmepting to have a competetive super class this season. I'm fairly confident there will
    be 2-4 supers competing consistantly.Though that may not sound like much,it is for our club.

Only problem with supers IMO is the amount of time and money spent.....compared to the amount of places to crawl.
    There is alot more places to crawl a 2.2,and 1.9 around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
    That is good to hear! Shelby and I will finally have some competition at TSF....
    where is North Texas ? dallas area? i have a super ready to go
    Axial, Brood, RC4WD, Chaotic Crawlers