View Poll Results: Do you own a Super class Crawler

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Yes I have a Super, that actually is in running condition.

14 73.68%
  • 2. Yes I have one, but it isnt in running condition.

5 26.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Supers

Calling all Supers

I am just curious as to how many Supers we actually have running in the state.

Since it seems me and cory are the only ones actually bringing ours to any comps, post up if you have one why you dont ever bring it and what in your opinion could be done to persuade you to dust it off and get it running again.

Re: Calling all Supers

i run a super but at the moment tryin to get some speed controllers and couple new motors.
    hustler with clod axles 2 foot long haha

this thing is huge
    its costly as well

Isnt running yet... But when I receive my shocks, I can have it finished in a week. See you next Comp.

Time to get pwnd!!! :mrgreen: lol
    Vinni Viddi Vicci - "I came, I saw, I failed" :redfinger:

Duct Tape; over 1000 uses and counting - Man's true best friend!

weres the next super class comp gonna e held.
    i run mine at the southlake spot and ts nice but so big its kinda hard at the same time

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN AND WHERE THE NEXT COMP. WILL BE (CLOSE TO HOUSTON/BAYTOWN). I WOULD LIKE TO GET A SCHED. IF THERE'S ONE OUT THERE. I CRAWL SUPER CLASS (OLD CLASS) NOW I HERE I NEED MORE LENGTH. 13" WON'T BE ENOUGH!!! OH WELL! I HAVE NOT COMPETED YET(NEWBY). I NEED CONTACT FROM CLUB WITH SCHED. THANKS CJM

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN AND WHERE THE NEXT COMP. WILL BE (CLOSE TO HOUSTON/BAYTOWN). I WOULD LIKE TO GET A SCHED. IF THERE'S ONE OUT THERE. I CRAWL SUPER CLASS (OLD CLASS) NOW I HERE I NEED MORE LENGTH. 13" WON'T BE ENOUGH!!! OH WELL! I HAVE NOT COMPETED YET(NEWBY). I NEED CONTACT FROM CLUB WITH SCHED. THANKS CJM
    Next time try not to type in all caps, it gives the impression that your pissed off or yelling at somebody.

Here is the next comp:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=817

Here is the next GTG:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=836

Here are the rules & standings of the comps:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6
    Vinni Viddi Vicci - "I came, I saw, I failed" :redfinger:

Duct Tape; over 1000 uses and counting - Man's true best friend!

If you can set something up for the imidiate south Austin area, Ill bring mine but I gotta warn you, its a total desroyer! :)

I Actually own 2 Stick crawlers, an I am wanting to sell the first stick that I bought with a lipo batt. (no charger), extra parts and 2 extra sets of tires, It has 4ws and is of course 4wd, also comes with a 3 channel radio, the guy that had it before me had put a monkey sound effect on it and it is programmed to a servo, a I am wanting to sell it all with extra parts as well , It will run right out of the box and climb over any thing you throw at it, the dx6 radio goes with it to but you will need a receiver for the radio to be used on the crawler those go for about $40 or $50 at hobby shops. I would like to sell it all for $350.00, that is less than what I paid for the crawler and radio combined on e-bay, but If you want to make me an offer then go ahead, but please don't make a stupid offer as I will ignore it and not respond to it. Please let me know what you think.

My super is up and running and we have run Supers one time already this season. The only time we can run supers here in East Texas is when Shane comes down from Arkansas because he has a super although I think I saw him list it for sale on RCC. No current member in my local club has one. My super mostly sits on the shelf and if I didn't need it to test proto type parts, it would be better for me to part it out.

I brought my Super to Crawlapalooza in Oklahoma but did not even run it because my son and I slept in and then went to breakfast that morning. By the time we got to the comp site, they were running the finals for Super and setting up for 1.9. I didn't even bother to bring my Super to Alabama for the LRC comp. It turned out to be a wise decision because only a few other people brought theirs.

I think one of the biggest problems for supers is cost and lack of standards. 2.2 and 1.9 thrive because they have set standards. A manufacturer knows what he can make and sell a lot of. If the manufacturer knows he will sell a lot of that product, often times the price is lower so they sell a lot of them and make the profit off of mass quantity. That is not so with Supers. I already have five different Super foams but only one 2.2 foam. With a tough economy I don't think more Supers will be built by the average person. There is not a truly competitive RTR super like the 2.2 Axial. The best super tires are all hand made "cut n shuts". In my talks with Panther, they have no desire to make a Super tire. Why should they? They don't know what rim size to make it for. Do you make is 3.2, 3.8, 4 or 4.5 inch? All four of the sizes are being used in Super builds, I have foams for all four of those rims sizes. How tall do you make the tire? How wide do you make it? What was needed for a clod based super is not needed for a bully or berg based Super.

Another problem with the Super class on the local club level is time and volunteers. Most of our State's club run 2.2 pro, 1.9 and some are starting a novice or sportsman class. Add in a Super class and the day is really long and burn out will set in. I look forward to comp days and plan to hang out all day, but I know I am the exception. Many people have lives and can only give a few hours and they need to go tend to other responsibilities. Stream lining our States guidelines for the local clubs might help the Super class a little, but that is really just a minor issue. The high cost along with the lack of building and driving experience is what is really hurting supers. Most people just build a scaler and bash that. Besides, they can get a scaler RTR now as well.
    Give 20 people the same chassis & axles, and they'll build a crawler 20 different ways.

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/