Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SgtSteve gets on board

Re: SgtSteve gets on board

Tommy, I saw a thread on how to do the conversion and got mine done last night. Those are the wheels that my scaler is running in the May comp. After the comp, I will add weight to them since I there is a limit on tire weight for the scalers?

Eric, thanks for the heads up on the ebay buys, I will definatly have to hit it up. After reading the thread on that chassis it seems like he may never have more in..

Team Manager
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

yeah , i want a Gc2 as well, but may have to get a dna or something

So are the GC2 and Slingshot the big dogs, or is there another one that can hold up to them? I guess my question is what are the top 3 or 4 most popular chassis's, notice I chose to say popular because its all up to driving style and personal preference.

Team Manager

In no order..

1. darksoul chassis
    2. GC2
    3. DNA slingshot
    4. Fubar mini skeeter

I can definitle attest to the GC2 its a great chassis if ya want to run the losi sized tires and big wheelspeed...its stupid stable.

IM using the novak mongoose and it gets good speed and long run times....I ran all 3 courses last time out on one 600mah batt and 15-20 of extra crawling afterwards.....only problem is its raw torque is pretty harsh on components....I blew out an entire tranny inside on a wood floor and have completely stripped the stock lockers...so you are gonna need all the heavy duty internal stuff if ya want to run it.

But yeah the 4 listed above are the current most popular and you definitely want to get a motor with some speed behind it.

I think I am going to go with the mini ss on this one. If anyone has one new or used let me know, I also posted in the wanted section. I will post some pics of my rig soon, its pretty much stock, and we all know what that looks like.

Team Manager

Finally some pics:
    So far, I have rearranged the electronics, made a rear support for the batt and esc, and changed the body posts to a top mount position. I am about to order some 2s lipos since thats the max thats allowed by rule. I have a little trimming to do to the servo horn, and should be getting my Mini SKeeter next week!

Also plan on a new motor, basher tires, and definatly need to add weight to the tires.

Team Manager

Forgot to mention that I put the metal lockers in (with one exception, couldnt get the screw off one of the the retainers in the front axle, so 3/4 are done for the axles. Also put CVD,s (awesome) and metal lockers in the trans.

Team Manager

Just got word from MThead, my mini skeeter chassis should be on its way as of tomorrow. I also just sold my wheely king axles so I am buying a motor and probably tires (probably the bashers). I also have a muster day to do with the army this month so that will be enough money to get some nice comp rims, not sure, need to scope some out....Willing to spend about 50-80 on them. With the left over cash, I will get a good servo, bent links and maybe a 1300 or so 2s. That should last 3 or so courses, and get my scaler through one course.

Team Manager

Im starting to get the shakes, my chassis and shocks should be here today. I will post pics asap if they do arrive.

FUBAR Mini Skeeter
    Losi Alum shocks

C'mon, get here already....

Team Manager