Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SgtSteve gets on board

Re: SgtSteve gets on board

Not sure about the following weekend, but thats ok. Im going to do a bunch more research on them and try a few things. As far as the scale gtg on Sunday, I will be there, but since Im on-call i will have to bring my laptop and possibly from time to time have to step away to handle an issue. I hope we dont have to park too far from the crawl spots.

Team Manager
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

Steve using the stock links would work. I when back check the thread. Check out the pic carefully.

In this pic you see all he did was drill some holes little further back to accommodate for the longer links.

In this pic you can see he mounted the links outer holes for the upper links.

I think this big improvement.

Or

My offer still stands, if you like for me tune your truck.:mrgreen:

Thank you Eric. I had my best outing yet yesterday, so Im pretty pyched about putting some time into the little guy. Im gonna try that mod this week when I have some time and maybe even a bta setup. I did manage to stick in a fireball motor with 12t pinion, alot faster, enough torque, but not much finese at startup, back to the HH for now. I was looking at the mamba micro..looks good, might get the esc and then motor from somewhere else...what kv/t do you recommend for brushless on this things? Depending on my mods go I might just take you up on that offer!

Team Manager

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsteve
    Thank you Eric. I had my best outing yet yesterday, so Im pretty pyched about putting some time into the little guy. Im gonna try that mod this week when I have some time and maybe even a bta setup. I did manage to stick in a fireball motor with 12t pinion, alot faster, enough torque, but not much finese at startup, back to the HH for now. I was looking at the mamba micro..looks good, might get the esc and then motor from somewhere else...what kv/t do you recommend for brushless on this things? Depending on my mods go I might just take you up on that offer!
    I gotta ya covered on the BTA.

I heard that Castle did big update in their software. I would be really curious about the mamba micro.
    Hang on to that fireball motor, if you get the micro, you should beable to play with the setting to help with startup.

Well I have the 18.5t mongoose system. I looked up the Kv rating: Kv (unloaded): 4,400 RPM/volt

I don't know what to tell ya motor wise, any of the good motors are either brusless or don't make anymore.

Also you can swing it, I pick up a set of 1.9 rovers.

and some nova foams right?

Team Manager

and some nova foams right?
    Yep.

Let me know what ya got for bta, do you need the rig or is something you can fab up for me? :mrgreen:

Team Manager

Let me know what ya got for bta, do you need the rig or is something you can fab up for me? :mrgreen:
    I have one made up.

Quote Originally Posted by eric113
    I have one made up.
    PM sent.

Team Manager