Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: SgtSteve gets on board

  1. #61
    Administrator sgtsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    2,214

    Re: SgtSteve gets on board

    Not sure about the following weekend, but thats ok. Im going to do a bunch more research on them and try a few things. As far as the scale gtg on Sunday, I will be there, but since Im on-call i will have to bring my laptop and possibly from time to time have to step away to handle an issue. I hope we dont have to park too far from the crawl spots.


    Team Manager
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -




  2. #62
    Senior Member eric113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    1,210

    Re: SgtSteve gets on board

    Steve using the stock links would work. I when back check the thread. Check out the pic carefully.

    In this pic you see all he did was drill some holes little further back to accommodate for the longer links.


    In this pic you can see he mounted the links outer holes for the upper links.


    I think this big improvement.

    Or

    My offer still stands, if you like for me tune your truck.:mrgreen:

  3. #63
    Administrator sgtsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    2,214

    Re: SgtSteve gets on board

    Thank you Eric. I had my best outing yet yesterday, so Im pretty pyched about putting some time into the little guy. Im gonna try that mod this week when I have some time and maybe even a bta setup. I did manage to stick in a fireball motor with 12t pinion, alot faster, enough torque, but not much finese at startup, back to the HH for now. I was looking at the mamba micro..looks good, might get the esc and then motor from somewhere else...what kv/t do you recommend for brushless on this things? Depending on my mods go I might just take you up on that offer!


    Team Manager
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -




  4. #64
    Senior Member eric113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    1,210

    Re: SgtSteve gets on board

    Quote Originally Posted by sgtsteve
    Thank you Eric. I had my best outing yet yesterday, so Im pretty pyched about putting some time into the little guy. Im gonna try that mod this week when I have some time and maybe even a bta setup. I did manage to stick in a fireball motor with 12t pinion, alot faster, enough torque, but not much finese at startup, back to the HH for now. I was looking at the mamba micro..looks good, might get the esc and then motor from somewhere else...what kv/t do you recommend for brushless on this things? Depending on my mods go I might just take you up on that offer!
    I gotta ya covered on the BTA.

    I heard that Castle did big update in their software. I would be really curious about the mamba micro.
    Hang on to that fireball motor, if you get the micro, you should beable to play with the setting to help with startup.

    Well I have the 18.5t mongoose system. I looked up the Kv rating: Kv (unloaded): 4,400 RPM/volt

    I don't know what to tell ya motor wise, any of the good motors are either brusless or don't make anymore.

    Also you can swing it, I pick up a set of 1.9 rovers.

  5. #65
    Administrator sgtsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    2,214

    Re: SgtSteve gets on board

    and some nova foams right?


    Team Manager
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -




  6. #66
    Senior Member eric113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    1,210

    Re: SgtSteve gets on board

    Quote Originally Posted by sgtsteve
    and some nova foams right?
    Yep.

  7. #67
    Administrator sgtsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    2,214

    Re: SgtSteve gets on board

    Let me know what ya got for bta, do you need the rig or is something you can fab up for me? :mrgreen:


    Team Manager
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -




  8. #68
    Senior Member eric113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    1,210

    Re: SgtSteve gets on board

    Quote Originally Posted by sgtsteve
    Let me know what ya got for bta, do you need the rig or is something you can fab up for me? :mrgreen:
    I have one made up.

  9. #69
    Administrator sgtsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    2,214

    Re: SgtSteve gets on board

    Quote Originally Posted by eric113
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtsteve
    Let me know what ya got for bta, do you need the rig or is something you can fab up for me? :mrgreen:
    I have one made up.
    PM sent.


    Team Manager
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •